The Society for Information Risk Analysts (SIRA) is seeking qualified candidates who are interested in serving as a committee or task force volunteer. Share your expertise, network with colleagues and enhance your CV by volunteering with SIRA. Current members are encouraged to find out more about contributing their time and skills to a committee or task force that suits their interests and experience. Volunteers play a very important role by participating on a committee or task force; providing thoughtful input to deliberations; and focusing on the best interests of SIRA’s membership while working toward accomplishing our goals.
* We have a need for several volunteers to moderate SIRAcon Slack channels August 25-27, 2020. If interested in volunteering please indicate this on your application or email siracon[at]societyinforisk.org.
When submitting your application, you will have the option of choosing the specific committees / tasks force that you want to volunteer for, or be put on a general interest list and we will follow-up with you to find the best fit for your interest and skill set.
Visit our committee page to see a list of current committees and task-forces.
Why should I volunteer with SIRA?
Volunteering is a rewarding experience and provides you with a number of benefits, some of which are listed below:
· Expand your professional network in the risk, decision analysis, security, governance, and measurement areas.
· Help set the direction for a 300+ member organization and gain professional visibility and credibility.
· Obtain quality training and networking at a reduced rate for the annual SIRA conference, SIRACon.
· Earn up to 40 CPE (continuing professional education) credits per year to support your professional certifications in the risk, decision analysis, information or cyber security, audit, and governance areas.